Spotify is loved for its ground-breaking features and ease of use. The platform was founded in 2006 and has garnered millions of users all over the world. With its huge music library, it would be safe to say that Spotify has something for everyone. What’s even better? Spotify even allows you to connect with your friends and loved ones and enjoy music together. Seriously, listening to music was never this fun.
If you are just getting started with Spotify and want to listen to your favorite music with your friends, you might be wondering if it is possible to enjoy music with your friends without a premium account. Do you need a premium account for it, or does Spotify offer this feature for free? Read below to find out how to listen to Spotify with friends without premium.
How to Enjoy Spotify With Friends For Free?
Unfortunately, the feature to listen to Spotify with friends is only available for premium users. Without a premium account, you cannot listen to music together with friends on the platform. You can consider other alternatives, such as creating a shared playlist and each person playing the songs from their own account or using a third-party app that enables group listening.
There are some third-party apps available that allow multiple users to listen to the same music at the same time, but these may not be officially endorsed by Spotify, and there is a risk in using these apps.
Creating a Shared Spotify Playlist
Here’s how you can create a shared playlist on Spotify:
- Log into your Spotify account and go to the “Your Library” tab.
- Click on “Playlists” and then click on the “+” sign to create a new playlist.
- Give your playlist a name and description, then click “Create.”
- Add songs to the playlist by searching for them and clicking the “+” sign next to each song.
- When you’re done adding songs, click the three dots next to the playlist name and select “Make Collaborative.”
- Share the playlist with your friends by copying the link and sending it to them. They will be able to add, remove, and rearrange songs in the playlist as well.
Voila! All participants can now play the shared playlist from their own Spotify accounts.
However, if you and your friends have a premium account, you can start a group session to listen to music together. Here are a few steps:
Starting a Group Session on Spotify
- Open the Spotify app on your device and make sure you’re logged into your account.
- Navigate to the “Your Library” tab and click on “Playlists.”
- Find the playlist you want to listen to and click the three dots next to its name.
- Select “Start a Group Session.”
- Invite friends to join the session by sharing the session code with them. They can join the session by entering the code in the “Group Session” section in the Spotify app.
- Once all participants have joined the session, you can control the playback, and everyone will hear the same music in sync.
It is pertinent to mention that the group session is only available on the Spotify app and not on the desktop or web player.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you listen to Spotify with someone without premium?
No, you cannot listen to Spotify with someone without a premium account. The feature to listen to music together, called “Group Session,” is only available for premium users. If you want to listen to music together with friends or family, all participants need to have a premium account. However, you can access premium features without paying anything with Spotify Mod APK.
Can 2 people listen to Spotify at the same time?
Yes, two people can listen to Spotify at the same time, but only if both have a premium account. With a premium account, you can start a Group Session, which allows multiple users to listen to the same music in sync. If both participants have premium accounts, they can join the same group session and listen to music together. If either of the participants does not have a premium account, they cannot listen to Spotify music together.
Is there a way to listen to Spotify together?
Yes, there is a way to listen to Spotify together, but it requires a premium account. The feature is called “Listen Along” or “Group Session,” and it allows multiple users to listen to the same music in sync.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to enjoy Spotify with friends for free, and all participants must have a premium account to join a group session. However, Spotify allows you to create playlists and share them with your friends on a free account.
Meet Sam, a seasoned author and dedicated Spotify enthusiast with a wealth of experience spanning many years. Their passion for music and deep understanding of the intricacies of Spotify have made them a highly knowledgeable and trusted resource for users seeking to maximize their Spotify experience.
With an unwavering love for music, Sam has immersed themselves in Spotify’s vast musical universe, unearthing countless tips and tricks along the way. Their posts are not just informative but also reflective of their own life experiences, connecting with readers through captivating narratives and expert insights.
Beyond Spotify, Sam possesses a broad understanding of various other digital tools that enhance the overall digital experience. Their diverse skill set allows them to provide well-rounded insights and recommendations, extending beyond music streaming. Whether it’s optimizing emulators or harnessing the power of tools like Notepad++ for efficient coding, Sam’s expertise serves as a comprehensive resource for readers.