Spotify is a popular digital music service used by millions and millions of music lovers across the globe. It is loaded with many innovative features that make streaming music an absolute breeze and enhance your music listening experience. You can make your own playlists and can also enjoy those made by your friends. Cool, isn’t it?
Having said that, if you have connected Spotify with Alexa, you may want to disconnect Spotify from Alexa for a few reasons. Probably you are sharing Alexa with your kids and don’t want them to listen to Spotify, or perhaps you intend to cancel your Spotify subscription. Whatever the reason, in this article, we will tell you how to disconnect Spotify from Alexa.
Unlinking Spotify With Alexa
For Mobile Phones
To disconnect Spotify from Alexa, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone.
- Tap the three lines in the upper left corner to open the menu.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap “Music & Podcasts” and choose Spotify.
- Tap disconnect account.
To disconnect Spotify from Alexa on a PC, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Alexa website.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the upper left corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select Music & Media.
- Scroll down to the Spotify section and click on DISCONNECT ACCOUNT.
By disconnecting Spotify from Alexa, you will no longer be able to play music or control playback through your Alexa device using Spotify.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I unlink a device from Alexa?
To unlink a device from Alexa, follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen and choose “Settings.”
- Click on “Device Settings.”
- Select the device you want to unlink from Alexa.
- Tap on “Deregister” or “Forget this device.”
- Confirm the action by tapping “Yes” or “Forget.”
It is important to note that the exact steps may vary slightly depending on the device and the version of the Alexa app you are using.
How do I disconnect Spotify from another device?
To disconnect Spotify from another device, you need to log out of the Spotify app on that device. Here’s how:
- Open the Spotify app on the device you want to disconnect.
- Tap on the gear icon in the upper-right corner to access the settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Log Out.”
- Confirm the action by tapping “Log Out” again.
If the device you want to disconnect from Spotify is a shared device, such as a speaker, you may need to access its settings to log out of the Spotify app. The steps to do this may vary depending on the device.
How can I see what devices are connected to my Spotify?
Follow these steps to see what devices are connected to your Spotify account using the Spotify app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Open the Spotify app on your device.
- Tap on the “Your Library” tab located at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper-right corner to access the settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Device Management.”
- Here you will see a list of all the devices that are currently connected to your Spotify account.
If you are using Spotify on a computer, you can access the “Device Management” section by clicking on “Account” in the upper-right corner of the Spotify app, then selecting “Device Management” from the drop-down menu.
The Bottom Line
This article outlines the process of disconnecting Spotify from Alexa. If you have followed these steps and are unable to disconnect, consider reaching out to Spotify customer care. We hope this guide was helpful.